Re: Europa-List: order of assembly for cooling duct, radiators and hoses

Subject: Re: Europa-List: order of assembly for cooling duct, radiators and hoses
From: david park <dpark748@me.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2018 20:08:57

If it helps, i fitted Nevs cowls, with his help.
It was a straight swap with the cooling system in place. Only had to re-seal
with
rubber sheet around edges and bottom of radiator

Dave Park

> On 18 Nov 2018, at 18:48, Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Im trying to figure out the optimum sequence of assembly (or even a sequence
that is possible!) for the various cooling items on my XS monowheel, with
Neville
Eyre cowl and Rotax 912S.

> Ive listed which things need to be done before others - eg:
>
> The long bolts and spacers securing the oil cooler will be much easier to fit
before the duct is mounted to the firewall.

> The bolts holding the duct sides to the CD4/CD5 brackets are obstructed by the
oil cooler and water radiator, so need to be fitted first

> The hose clips for the oil cooler connexions are hidden by the water radiator
so need to be fitted before the radiator is installed (or can I get at them from
the aft side?)

> The hose clips for the water radiator connexions will be out on top of the
> duct
so should be fitted before the duct is installed (or can I get at them by
reaching
down through the engine mount?)

> . . . and so it goes on . . .
>

> Has anyone got a sequence of assembly that works? Or on the other had, can
> anyone
offer suggestions about what definitely NOT to do?