Europa-List: Re: Old / new tailwheel

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Old / new tailwheel
From: JonathanMilbank <jdmilbank@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2018 05:14:15

Hello Ruedi,

My experience of Europa tail wheels is many hundreds of hours with the original
type and about 25 - 30 with the XS type. My preference is for the original
connected
directly to the rudder pedals with no springy links, so there is immediate
response to any movement of the pedals. I didn't enjoy the slight lag/delay
in directional control when flying a friend's Europa with the XS tail wheel,
because it made me feel insecure and less in control. But perhaps if I had
continued
with his XS for many more hours, then eventually I would have gained
confidence with it.

Read this topic online here: