RE: Europa-List: Re: Bleeding Brakes

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: Bleeding Brakes
From: Paul Mansfield <europaul383@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2018 18:16:36

I can't remember where I got these instructions from, but they work fine for the
mono:

Brake Bleeding

Funnel; 10 ml syringe; 5 mm allen key; DOT 3 or 4 brake fluid.

1.      Remove filler plug & screw the funnel in its place.
2.      Pull brake lever smoothly fully aft. Brake fluid should appear in the
funnel.
Hold the lever aft.
3.      Insert the syringe into the funnel and suck out as much fluid as
possible. Discard
fluid.
4.      Nearly fill the syringe with clean fluid and empty into funnel.
5.      Release the lever gently, insert the syringe as far as possible and
suck out
remaining fluid.
6.      Remove funnel - the fluid should be just below the uppermost level of
the master
cylinder.
7.      Refit plug. Master cylinder is now bled; if the lever is not firm,
brake callipers
need bleeding.

HTH

Paul M