Europa-List: Re: Bleeding Brakes

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Bleeding Brakes
From: spcialeffects <spcialeffects@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2018 10:55:42

Alan is correct in what he says. I take it you have a mono? If so let me share
my experience with you. I have a mono and bleed the brake pushing fluid up from
the bottom. However after 4 or 5 times of doing this the lever was still
spongey.
The reason for this is that the master cylinder is at an angle so air is
still trapped in the front section of the cylinder. In order to remove this air
I pushed the fluid up from the bottom until the metal cup you screw in gets
half full then PUMP the brake lever until no more bubbles come into the cup and
you can just see the fluid being sucked in and out. Then close off the bleed
nipple on the caliper and suck some of the fluid in the metal cup up with the
syringe.

Regards
Frank Xuereb Kit #165

Read this topic online here: