Re: Europa-List: Bleeding Brakes

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Bleeding Brakes
From: Alan Burrill <alanb@dpy01.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2018 10:16:46

Your are correct in that the funnel screws into the top of the master cylinder.

I use the syringe to push the fluid up through the bleed screw on the slave
cylinder
and then through the line into the master. Pushes air out at the same time.

Alan

Sent from my iPad

> On 18 Oct 2018, at 10:06, Eoin Maguire <eoinmaguire@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> Hi All
>
> Just a question on the correct technique for bleeding the brakes, I received
a brake bleed kit from Europa, effectively a syringe and whats basically a metal
screw in funnel.

> Im assuming the funnel bit screws into the top of the cylinder on the finger
brake itself but what do i do with the syringe?

> Also it recommends dot 5 brake fluid to top up, is there a suitable
> alternative
as dot 5 is proving difficult to get in Ireland?