Europa-List: Re: Roland Schmit Europa. Fuel Tank Debacle.

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Roland Schmit Europa. Fuel Tank Debacle.
From: Roland <schmidtroland@web.de>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2018 00:12:03

That's very interesting and a possible alternative to a new plastic tank. Thanks
for sharing that! However I think one just wins some time, if the tank really
becomes brittle over the years. What I understood is, that the new Europa tanks
became better since about 2006 and it is critical not to bond it too much
to the cockpit module. I can see a destinctive dent outside on the fuselage on
the left side where the tank is obviosly bonded to the structure causing severe
stresses.

Maybe I can install a huge battery instead of a new tank :-)

Read this topic online here: