Re: Europa-List: W26C

Subject: Re: Europa-List: W26C
From: Tim Ward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 07:14:43
William and Jon,
This movement seems unusual. I would de-rig the wings and check the integrit
y of your spars, spar wing sockets, and spar pins. There really should not b
e any movement at all!
Cheers,
Tim

Tim Ward
12 Waiwetu Street,
Fendalton,
Christchurch, 8052
New Zealand

ward.t@xtra.co.nz

Mob +64 210640221

> On 19/02/2018, at 3:05 AM, William Daniell <wdaniell.longport@gmail.com> w
rote:

> Today in the pre flight i noticed something which has probably always been
 present which is that the starboard side W26C moves front to rear a small a
mount.  I noticed this by grabbing the end of the wing and moving front to r
ear.

> W26C is the barrel of the wing rear pin socket assembly.
>
> I have inspected tie bar and the mounting of the socket assembly and every
thing is in order.

> I am assuming that this is normal since the W26C barrel is free floating f
ore and afte and is retained in place by the 3/16 hex socket machines screws
 that fix the whole assembly to the fuselage.  Am I right?