Europa-List: Re: W26C

Subject: Europa-List: Re: W26C
From: JonSmith <jonsmitheuropa@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2018 09:43:21

Will, comparing notes rather than any suggestions, mine has an identical
movement
in the wingtip; a noticeable fore and aft movement of free play.  Its in both
but a bit more on the starboard side.

I assume that its a touch of play in the pip pin where it fits into the wing pin
and the W26B/C mounting assembly.   Mine has always been like it and Ive always
assumed it to be normal as I think that there must be a tiny bit of play in
a removable pin which will appear magnified out at the wingtip (the wing makes
a long spanner!).   When I move the wingtip back and foreward I can see the
gap between the wing fairing and the fuselage side adjacent to the pip pin
opening
and closing slightly in accordance with my movement which makes me think
that the play is in the pip pin itself.

I dont think that the play is caused by the W26B barrel moving back and
forwards.
On mine the tolerance between the socket housing and the cheeks of the fittings
body are very tight, the barrel is held to the socket housing by locktite
and the pip pin holds the entire assembly together regardless of the loctite
when its rigged anyway.

Like you I am 100% confident of the integrity of all fittings in that area.   I
think its just a bit of slack in the pip pin allowing the rear wing root to move
in and out from the fuselage side (slightly) rather than the wing root sliding
fore and aft.   I would be very keen to hear from anyone else with more
information
on it!
Cheers, Jon

--------