Europa-List: Re: Engine Over-cooling

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Engine Over-cooling
From: JonSmith <jonsmitheuropa@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2017 00:28:08

Hi Rick,  that is a very good point and next time I will test it out with a pan
of hot water and a thermometer to be sure.   However both gauges (I have the
standard cylinder head temp gauge plus an actual water temp gauge) seem to be
pretty much in agreement and they seem to read sensibly at the hot end of the
range.   On occasion during winter periods of no flying I have ground run the
engine with the rads covered, up to operating temperature, getting the oil up
to 100 degrees and the water gets up there too.  Indeed a couple of years ago
during one such occasion I was careless and let the water boil over (made a
right
mess!) and the gauges were both up to 120 degrees or so.

--------
G-TERN
Classic Mono

Read this topic online here: