Europa-List: Re: Engine Over-cooling

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Engine Over-cooling
From: JonSmith <jonsmitheuropa@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2017 15:04:35

Thanks Duncan, Roland & Pete for your replies.   You make me feel a bit better
about the low coolant temperature!   Indeed I have always considered the oil
temperature
to be more I mportant hence my fitting an oil thermostat and the oil
temp now seems to be as good as one could ever expect, 80 deg C all the time
in the air.

I was just concerned about the low coolant temperature because Im sure that on
other forums somewhere I have seen people saying that it is important to keep
the cylinders running at a reasonable temperature too.  I cant remember where
Ive seen that though!   As you say though Duncan, there is no lower limit for
it!  My cylinder head temperature is often down at about 50 degrees C in the
cruise
in summer and yesterday (cold day) was about 30 to 40 degrees in the cruise.
 That was with the oil at 80 degrees with its thermostat and 50% of the
coolant radiator taped off!

--------
G-TERN
Classic Mono