Re: Europa-List: Installation of pre-fabricated wing root fairings

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Installation of pre-fabricated wing root fairings
From: Alan Twigg <alan.twigg775@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2017 10:10:29

Tony, the XS manual covers it, I used this for my Mororglider fairings. Scuff
and
glue useing Redux bulked with Flox.
Alan Twigg
Motorglider kit 463
Painted and on final assembly.

Sent from my iPhone

> On 29 Oct 2017, at 08:37, tonyvaccarella <tony@weimagine.com.au> wrote:
>

> Hi all,
>
> Im getting ready to install my pre-fabricated wing root fairings for my
> Classic
Wing. The Classic builders manual describes how to construct these fairings
---From scratch but Im having problems finding how I should install these
pre-made
fairings.

> My initial thought was to scuff the fairing and the wing root where they meet
and use flox to bond them and then add two layers of BID to the outside. But
rather than guessing at this, or trying to reinvent the wheel - so to speak, Im
wondering what other members of this forum have done to install these?