Re: Europa-List: Re: Europa Cowl Resin

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Europa Cowl Resin
From: Pete <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2017 20:20:40

Thnks for that info! That means any door strut mods need to be done in poly and
not epoxy then? I've not heard that to date....or maybe i wasnt listening ;)

Cheers and thx,
Pete

> On Oct 28, 2017, at 6:57 PM, Nigel Graham <nigel_graham@m-tecque.co.uk> wrote:
>

> Remi is correct. All the grey coloured components supplied with the original
kit (cowls, doors, "D" panel and the speed kit) were manufactured with woven
glass
and polyester resin.
> If you need a heat tolerant polyester resin for cowling mods, use a "tooling"
grade product. These are designed to withstand autoclave temperatures and have
minimal shrink characteristics. I use "Optimould".