Re: Europa-List: Re: Radiator leak

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Radiator leak
From: Christoph Both <christoph.both@acadiau.ca>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2017 14:03:29

I had mine welded by a professional machine shop - no further problems.
Christoph Both
Wolfville Nova Scotia

On 2017-06-11, 17:35, "owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com on behalf of Tim
Ward" <owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com on behalf of ward.t@xtra.co.nz>
wrote:

>Graeme,
>Before buying a new radiator get it checked out by your local radiator shop.
>They
pressurise them to find leaks. They also can fix them easily. My one turned
out not to be a leak from the radiator but from the pipe joining the radiator.
Can be very deceptive where it is coming from! Only needed tightening the clip.
>Cheers,
>TIM
>
>Tim Ward
>12 Waiwetu Street,
>Fendalton,
>Christchurch, 8052
>New Zealand
>
>ward.t@xtra.co.nz
>
>Mob +64 210640221
>

>> On 12/06/2017, at 7:58 AM, graeme bird <graeme@gdbmk.co.uk> wrote:
>>

>> I had a small leak on mine a while back, starboard side about 1" up just
>> where
the horizonatal tube meets the column.  Changed the radiator.
>> You are sure its not the port pipe to rad joint though leaking a bit after
>> flight?
the presure builds up there when the pump stops.

>> --------
>> Graeme Bird
>> G-UMPY -  Mono Classic/XS FFW 912S, Woodcomp 3000/3W CS, trutrak Gemini 2
>> axis
AP, PAW, PFLARM core, ads-b out, 8.33khz, mode S, FP-5, Aera500, SD on Nexus,
SmartA3