Re: Europa-List: Tail Plane Fitting

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Tail Plane Fitting
From: Gavin Lee <gavanne@iconz.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2017 17:03:40
Hobby shops have short lengths of tube of various diameters
Cheers

> On 13/05/2017, at 12:21 AM, Graeme Hart <graeme.hart@onecoolkat.com> wrote
:

> Grear tip Gavin. The pins are probably 1/4 inch but I will measure tomorro
w and then try to find a supply of imperial sized pipe in NZ, failing that I
 will have to place an Aircraft Spruce order.

>> On 12/05/2017 2:02 PM, "Gavin and Anne Lee" <gavanne@iconz.co.nz> wrote:
>> Hi Graeme, yes definitely no hammer needed, if you slide a piece of metal
 tube of the same internal diameter over the pin you will soon see if it is a
ligned correctly with the torque tube and using the tube it will be easy eno
ugh to bend the pin into alignment

rver@matronics.com] On Behalf Of Graeme Hart
>> Sent: Wednesday, 10 May 2017 8:46 PM
>> To: europa-list@matronics.com
>> Subject: Re: Europa-List: Tail Plane Fitting
>>

>> Thanks Tim.  It is good to know that the fitting should be snug with a li
ttle force, now I know what to aim for.

>> After sending the email I had a close look at the pins and I think one of
 them was slightly out of parallel with the torque tube.  I've adjusted the p
in slightly (yes, with a hammer :) and I'll reassemble later tonight and see
 how it goes.

>> Regards
>>
>> Graeme
>>

>> On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 8:31 PM, Tim Ward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz> wrote:
>>

>> Hi Graeme,
>> They should be a snug fit, but certainly no hammer needed; should be easy
 to connect and disconnect with a little force.
>> Cheers,
>> Tim
>>
>> Tim Ward
>> 12 Waiwetu Street,
>> Fendalton,
>> Christchurch, 8052
>> New Zealand
>>
>> ward.t@xtra.co.nz
>>
>> Mob +64 210640221
>>

>> > On 10/05/2017, at 1:49 PM, Graeme Hart <graeme.hart@onecoolkat.com> wro
te:

>> > Hi All
>> >
>> > I'm working on fitting the tailplanes to the torque tube (chapter 18 in
 the build manual).

>> > My starboard tailplane fits on reasonably easily but the port tailplane
 will only fully engage if I "assist" it in to place with a hammer.  Removin
g the tailplane them becomes a 15 minute exercise involving gentle prying.  T
his does not seem right to me.

>> > I'm going to check the alignment of the TP12 drive pins with the torque
 tube as I suspect the pins may not be as parallel to the tube as they need t
o be.

>> > I assume I should be able to attach and remove the tailplanes without t
he use of any tools.

>> > I have attached a photo of the offending assembly in case it is not cle
ar what parts I'm talking about.

>> > I'd like to know how "snugly" should the tailplane fit on the torque tu
be from those who have made it past this point in construction.