Europa-List: Arblast PV50

Subject: Europa-List: Arblast PV50
From: patdriessen <patdriessen@clear.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 17:16:12

Hello again,
Trying to sort out my Europa.
I have an Arblast pv 50 on the Europa I got from the USA. It has an LCL display
and manual switch in the cockpit. Before I got a chance to fly with it my
engineer
had to replace the control box located in the engine bay as the battery
had leaked and ruined the electronics. Now I have an aftermarket control box
that
uses current from the aircraft.
When I operate the switch in the a/c, it adjusts the propeller pitch and the
number
on the LCD display changes. The range is approximately  30 (fully fine) to
approx. 130 (fully coarse). This may or may not correspond to the readings from
the original controller. I take off and land with a reading of not less than
47 as this limits the  max RPM to 5800......everything else is just a
guess........any
ideas?
Did a bit of googling and saw a Smart Electronics CSC-1/P (they don't appear to
make them anymore) that seem to be compatible to the pv50. Are they any good
and would I be able to get a second hand one? Would ideally like an Airmaster
but have to make do with what I've got for the meantime.

Read this topic online here: