Europa-List: Re: Trig TY91

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Trig TY91
From: Scudrunner <howardbrooksster@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 05:51:06

Another thing to be aware of with Trig, is that the Sub D connectors supplied
have
crimp terminals. This makes wiring between the control unit and radio very
clean and easy relative to (my) soldering. But the cost of the Mil Spec crimping
tool is eye watering! (yes I have a little used one for sale now!). I do think
the Trig installation manuals are very comprehensive.

I made up a tray which copied the physical dimensions of my old avionics
sub-panel
(Trig radio and transponder). In photo, head units are at the bottom (can't
see them very well), followed by a row of circuit breakers and the scrappy bit
on top is the power supply for the GPS (must put it in it's own little box).
PL1 is the same interface to my intercom as existed in the old avionics sub
panel.

Read this topic online here:

Attachments:

http://forums.matronics.com//files/trig_171.jpg