Europa-List: Fly-in/ Europa meet-up invitation (UK/ Europe)!

Subject: Europa-List: Fly-in/ Europa meet-up invitation (UK/ Europe)!
From: JonSmith <jonsmitheuropa@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2017 05:49:21

On behalf of my home base - the North Coates flying club at North Coates
airfield,
just south of Grimsby on the East Coast of Lincolnshire I would like to offer
an open invitation to our fly-in events this season.

A bit like caravan clubs, owners of the same aircraft type like to meet up from
time to time to compare their latest bits and bobs etc.  North Coates airfield
provides an ideal platform to do this, informal and friendly with plenty of
space and good facilities.  For these reasons our flying events this year are
being supported by a few aircraft type-clubs such as the Vintage Piper Club,
Miles
Aircraft Association, Luscombe Association and the Jodel/ Robin Club which
will add to the interest.

Our events for the remainder of the 2017 season are:

SPRING FLYING MEETING;       20th & 21st May
WINGS AND WHEELS;                 15th & 16th July
SUMMER FLYING MEETNG;       27th & 28th August (Bank Hol Sun/ Mon)

I would like to propose, so that we can maximise the chances of meeting up
together
that we have a loosely arranged time of arrival - aiming to arrive at about
lunchtime, between 12.0 and 1.0pm on each day.   We could initially aim for
the first day as the main meet up with a weather fall back for the second day.
I will post a reminder during the week leading up to each weekend, maybe people
interested in coming along could reply on here so that we can see who might
be coming along to meet up with.

Why come to North Coates?

Well, I'm a newbie having been a member here for just over three years but I
have
to say that it is THE most friendly and welcoming airfield that I have ever
been to.

Plus points of the North Coates flying events are:
-Nice 760m grass runway.
-Lots of heritage and history to see, particularly from the Cold War era
including
a small but well stocked and interesting museum, our "Heritage Room".
-Free landings at all Flying Meetings. (Only 3 on normal days!)
-Really excellent barbecued burgers etc - I challenge anyone to find a better
burger
anywhere...!  Other snacks and drinks too.
-VERY friendly Natives! (Not including myself in that as a relative newcomer to
the area!), seriously the local - mostly longstanding - members are the
friendliest
people I have ever come across and are very enthusiastic and proud of their
airfield and club.
-Lovely views of the North East Lincolnshire Coast line including the River
Humber,
Humber Bridge, Cleethorpes and Donna Nook, home of a large colony of Grey
Seals which can usually be spotted from the air on the beach!
-Various ground-based exhibits invited such as military, car & motorcycle clubs,
charity and other stalls including our local delicious home-made jam supplier
lady!  The RAFA club often attend.
-If we are lucky then from time to time a fly-past by something interesting may
well occur - more than once we have had an impromptu "rescue" demonstration on
the airfield by the Search and Rescue Sikorsky S-92 helicopter locally based
at Humberside.

So, please put the dates in your diaries!  More info on our club and airfield
can
be found here;

www.northcoatesflyingclub.co.uk

Cheers, Jon Smith