Re: Europa-List: Arplast Propeller problems

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Arplast Propeller problems
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2017 09:29:05
Glennthe power for the pitch change motor runs through the piece of piano w
iremounted behind the prop shaft and relies on good contact between that wi
re and the spinning prop. Check the insulation on the wire which must not s
hort out on the bore of the prop shaft, also check that the wire can move i
n and out without friction. If it isn't pressing firmly on the contact poin
t in the prop it won't develop full power.
Graham

    On Wednesday, 8 March 2017, 2:54, Glenn Perry <gfhperry@gmail.com> wrot
e:

Hello Guys,

thanks for a great forum!=C2- I have an Arplast VP50 propeller. I have a
problem with the pitch change system. When tested on the ground, I can run
the pitch from full corse to full fine with no problems. I get normal opera
tion for a while in flight, then the pitch change seems to stop working. Wh
en I test the prop after shut down, the pitch change motor does not seem to
 have enough torque to run from one limit to the other. The motor stalls af
ter very little movement. Any ideas what could be the problem? I have been
careful to lubricate the jack screw often, so I dont think that is the prob
lem. Any idea where I could get a new motor? And as a last resort (consider
ing the demise of Arplast), what propellers are approved for G registered E
uropa=99s?

Thanks, Glenn Perry G-DLCB Classic Mono, 912UL
S -
WIKI -
 -
=C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- -Matt Dralle, List Admin.