Re: Europa-List: Arplast Propeller problems

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Arplast Propeller problems
From: Pete Lawless <pete@lawless.info>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2017 09:00:51

Hi Glen

I run an NSI vp prop so no direct experience. But I do seem to remember
hearing that the Arplast was prone to corrosion on the single contact
that runs through the centre of the hub.  It certainly sounds like the
symptoms the NSI gives when the slip rings have not been cleaned for a
while.

Good luck

Pete

G-RMAC Classic 109

On 08/03/17 02:52, Glenn Perry wrote:

> Hello Guys,
>
> thanks for a great forum!  I have an Arplast VP50 propeller. I have a problem
with the pitch change system. When tested on the ground, I can run the pitch
---From full corse to full fine with no problems. I get normal operation for a
while
in flight, then the pitch change seems to stop working. When I test the prop
after shut down, the pitch change motor does not seem to have enough torque
to run from one limit to the other. The motor stalls after very little movement.
Any ideas what could be the problem? I have been careful to lubricate the
jack screw often, so I dont think that is the problem. Any idea where I could
get a new motor? And as a last resort (considering the demise of Arplast), what
propellers are approved for G registered Europas?