Europa-List: Arplast Propeller problems

Subject: Europa-List: Arplast Propeller problems
From: Glenn Perry <gfhperry@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2017 02:52:58

Hello Guys,

thanks for a great forum!  I have an Arplast VP50 propeller. I have a problem
with
the pitch change system. When tested on the ground, I can run the pitch from
full corse to full fine with no problems. I get normal operation for a while
in flight, then the pitch change seems to stop working. When I test the prop
after shut down, the pitch change motor does not seem to have enough torque to
run from one limit to the other. The motor stalls after very little movement.
Any ideas what could be the problem? I have been careful to lubricate the jack
screw often, so I dont think that is the problem. Any idea where I could get
a new motor? And as a last resort (considering the demise of Arplast), what
propellers are approved for G registered Europas?

Thanks, Glenn Perry G-DLCB Classic Mono, 912UL