RE: Europa-List: mono to trigear conversion

Subject: RE: Europa-List: mono to trigear conversion
From: Bob Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 22:38:35

Hi! Graham,
I have no intent to stir up a  third world war of for and against  but ....
I originally built G-PTAG with both facilities to be Trike first and changeable
to mono as a convertible with a minimal amount of work.
That was to allow a reasonable period as trike on which to learn to fly and
change
it over later.
It now will NEVER fly as a Mono.  I just can't imagine flying over great
distances
across which there is many weather changes and to have the thought of a
difficult
landing at the end of it seems to detract from the overall enjoyment.
I have landed my trike in a 35 knot cross wind at Marehamn with trees port side.
The Differential braking assists the instinctive direction control. I havent
considered any other disadvantages!
Regards
Bob Harrison.