Re: Europa-List: 1.5 degrees right?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: 1.5 degrees right?
From: david park <dpark748@icloud.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2017 22:51:43

Was the XS Fin offset?

Dave Park

> On 14 Jan 2017, at 22:41, jonathanmilbank <jdmilbank@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>

> I'm converting my Classic to XS firewall forward and the instructions for
> mounting
the engine call for the 4 washers on each lord mount to be arranged so that
the engine is angled 1.5 degrees to the right.

> The Classic build manual didn't give this stipulation and so mine was pointing
straight ahead. What effect will there likely be when I start flying in the
new configuration. Up until now there has been a tendency for the aircraft to
roll gently to the right in the cruise.

> Will angling the engine to the right make the right roll tendency better or
> worse?
Please give me the aerodynamic logic for this 1.5 degree offset.