Re: Europa-List: What the..... Trim Tab built upside down - Seriously

Subject: Re: Europa-List: What the..... Trim Tab built upside down - Seriously
From: Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2016 15:54:58

On 2016-10-05, at 14:33, tonyvaccarella <tony@weimagine.com.au> wrote:

> The previous owner (God bless him) decided to build the Trim Tabs inverted.
> That
is to say that the hinges for the trim tabs are located at the BOTTOM of the
tailplane, the actuator pins for the trim tabs are located ON TOP of the
tailplane,
and the pip-pin access recess is located at the BOTTOM of the tailplane.

> .
> The result of all this is that I only get about 5 deg up and 3 deg down but
> you
have not heard the worst.....in this configuration when the stabiliser trailing
edge is moved UP the trim tab goes DOWN and vice versa.

Tony - is it possible that you have put the port tailplane on the starboard side
and vice-versa? Reversing their positions thwartwise would appear to cause all
the sorts of problems you mention.

in friendship

Rowland