Re: Europa-List: Re: Sight gauge

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Sight gauge
From: Martin Tuck <MJKTuck@cs.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2016 15:45:23

I don't run the sight gauge down near the foot wells, instead I run it up the
center
tunnel on up on the passenger seat side into the passenger headrest to the
vent.

Martin

Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 5, 2016, at 2:04 PM, crouton <crouton@well.com> wrote:
>

> I have found the sight gauge to be almost completely unreliable in my classic
monowheel.  The only way I can know the fuel state is to slowly fill to the top
of the filler and set the totalizer to 18 gallons.
> I consult the sight gauge periodically during the flight, chiefly for
> entertainment
value and to ensure there is indeed some fuel remaining.  Often, an hour
or two into the flight, the gauge will suddenly show a quantity in agreement
with the totalizer.
> Yes, I know of the vent problems of the monos, but even with purging them on
the ground they seem to have more air bubbles introduced during taxi and
climbout.