Re: Europa-List: rotax 912 fuel banjo angle

Subject: Re: Europa-List: rotax 912 fuel banjo angle
From: Alan Burrill <alanb@dpy01.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2016 17:47:31

I'm not aware of any particular angel.

My only suggestion is that it might refer to making sure the banjo is orientated
so that the fuel lines do not impede the carb controls and are clear of any
heat sources.

The only other thought is that with the fuel lines arriving from below then any
vapour locks forming are more likely to be expunged through the carb than
sitting
in the pipes at a high spot above the carb.

All IMHO

Alan
G-OBJT

> On 1 Oct 2016, at 17:13, Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> I posted this query last month but have had no response so Im trying again.
>
> In Appendix A (final inspection checklist) of the Rotax 912S installation
> manual
for the Europa XS, one of the items is puzzling me. It says:

> "Check that fuel inlet banjos are correctly orientated."
>
> However, I can find nowhere in the document indicating what the correct angle
might be. Id like to be sure mine are correctly orientated before I start
connecting
fuel lines.