Re: Europa-List: Ipad kneeboard solution?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Ipad kneeboard solution?
From: Richard Iddon <riddon@sent.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2016 21:02:10

Is that one on each knee Alasdair?
> On 8 Aug 2016, at 20:53, Alasdair Milne <milneab@btinternet.com> wrote:
>

> 2 kneeboards & take the flap off to provide a paper scratchpad
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On 8 Aug 2016, at 20:43, Richard Iddon <riddon@sent.com> wrote:
>>

>> I fly with an Ipad mini. I have tried a couple of kneeboard mounts but
>> neither
have been wholly satisfactory. I have the type that opens like a book with
the Ipad in the middle but find that the flap either fouls the joystick or I
have
to jam it down the right hand side of my knee. Also I like to have a place
to write down clearances etc. I know that with Sky Demon there is the scratchpad
but that means abandoning the map for a while which is again not ideal. If
I have a paper on the top of the flap, then I have to manoeuvre the flap back
to the top to write on it, again covering the Ipad screen. Has anyone found a
solution without a flap which keeps the Ipad on display at all times and has
a place to write and store a pen? I know I could make a board myself but I would
rather not reinvent the wheel if there is a ready made solution.