Europa-List: Re: Unidentified Probe

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Unidentified Probe
From: BobD <rjd@bobdawson.plus.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2016 15:22:11

Thanks for all the replies.

My Europa does have a Carb Heat kit fitted, and from Paul's description, it is
a Mk.2

I'll change the battery, and have a play with it, but I have already fitted the
Water Temperature adapter from Skydrive, and plan to get a Dynon Skyview Panel
to monitor, amongst other things, the Water Temp. I understand from elsewhere
on the forum that Rotax do not fit a probe for Water Temp, but rely on Cylinder
Head Temp for engine monitoring. I would like to keep an eye on the Water
Temp, so have used one of the two Cylinder Head Probes for the Water Temp.

This means at present, I will only be measuring CHT at one cylinder. Do other do
this, or fit 2 or even four probes, and measure each Cylinder ?

Is there any advantage in having both Water Temp, and Carb Temp (by using this
probe ) ?

Sorry for the initial confusion, both photos are of the same device from
different
angles. If it is self powered via the battery, any idea what the pinout
connections
are for ?

TIA

--------