Re: Europa-List: Unidentified Probe

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Unidentified Probe
From: davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2016 16:18:02

Bob, It looks like an inexpensive battery operated temperature gauge. I
have a very similar, possibly identical one giving me air box
temperature. I seem to remember it cost about 15.

Regards, David Joyce, G-XSDJ

On 2016-07-27 14:42, BobD wrote:

> Hi,
> Does anyone recognise the item in these two photographs? It came in a box of
bits with my recently acquired part-built Europa. It looks like a temperature
probe of some sort, but apart from a temperature range, and a small battery
compartment,
it has no other external markings

> I would be grateful if someone can tell me what it is , and what the pinouts
are.

> https://www.flickr.com/gp/145519443@N02/5i3017 [1]
> https://www.flickr.com/gp/145519443@N02/72LPEB [2]
>
> Another question - Why can't I upload these jpg files directly ? I tried "Add
Attachment" but it doesn't appear to work, so I have displayed them as Flickr
Files.

> TIA
>
> --------
> Bob Dawson