RE: Europa-List: Re: Unidentified Probe

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: Unidentified Probe
From: Brian Davies <brian.davies@clara.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 09:02:53

Hi Bob,

If you are using 50/50 water glycol mix it is a requirement to have both a
CHT gauge and a water temp gauge.  The engine limitations have different max
temps for each.  Most owners only have one CHT sensor. The very latest
engines have a modified location for the CHT sensor which should remove the
need to measure both.
If you have the carb heat mod there does not seem much point in measuring
carb temp.  The reason you would measure carb temp is to warn of carb icing.

Regards

Brian