Europa-List: Re: 8.33khz and the Netherlands

Subject: Europa-List: Re: 8.33khz and the Netherlands
From: zwakie <mz@cariama.nl>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 15:09:56

Please be aware that EHBK is not the only airport in The Netherlands that has
already
switch to 8.33 spacing!

I don't have the exact details at hand of when each airport is making this
switch,
but I am pretty sure that Rotterdam (EHRD) and Amsterdam Schiphol (EHAM) have
already made the switch to 8.33 spacing also. I'm not sure about De Kooy (EHKD
- just south of Texel) and other controlled airports, you will have to check
those for sure.

For Rotterdam and Amsterdam I don't believe this is a big issue for visitors
from
the south: follow the coastline and you will stay clear of CTR's (provided
your altitude is well below 1100'), and you are fine with 25kHz spacing. When
your route is east of Rotterdam and Amsterdam, you will indeed have to pay
special
attention to this theme.

--------
Marcel Zwakenberg