Re: Europa-List: Re: Torque Tube enhancement after 400 hours

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Torque Tube enhancement after 400 hours
From: kjburns@btinternet.com
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 10:58:05

When building the torque tube up the ream the holes to interference fit ... Or
you will get movement .
There is an oversize limit to how big you can take the pins if you get it wrong
, but custom pins can be oversized (only up to that limit )to save your bacon,
any movement built in will increases in service .
300 +hours on reamed / custom pins and no play ....advice taken from Andy Draper
UK laa /one of the original Europa production engineers.

Regards
Kevin

Sent from my iPhone

> On 13 Jul 2016, at 10:32, GBWFH2010 <gaxuk2001@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> I had the same problem after doing the Loctite 'mod' and had slightly more
> movement
than your tailplane (after 300 hours). My inspector took advice from the
LAA who stated remedial action had to be taken prior to Permit renewal.

> I decided I could not keep going trough this hassle so took the decision to do
one of the torque tube clamping mods.  I chose the one offered by Pat Tunney,
whose help and assistance was superb, but I think Bob Harrison has also designed
a very good mod. It was a swine of a job to do but I am really pleased with
the results and after 200 hours there is no sign of any movement.