Europa-List: Re: Torque Tube enhancement after 400 hours

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Torque Tube enhancement after 400 hours
From: GBWFH2010 <gaxuk2001@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 01:32:01

I had the same problem after doing the Loctite 'mod' and had slightly more
movement
than your tailplane (after 300 hours). My inspector took advice from the
LAA who stated remedial action had to be taken prior to Permit renewal.

I decided I could not keep going trough this hassle so took the decision to do
one of the torque tube clamping mods.  I chose the one offered by Pat Tunney,
whose help and assistance was superb, but I think Bob Harrison has also designed
a very good mod. It was a swine of a job to do but I am really pleased with
the results and after 200 hours there is no sign of any movement.

Hope this  helps.

--------
Gordon Grant

G-BWFH