Re: Europa-List: Re: Fwd: Do you recognise this cockpit mod

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Fwd: Do you recognise this cockpit mod
From: Steven Pitt <steven.pitt2@ntlworld.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2016 11:20:32

Graeme and Tony,
Forgive my intervention in case you have already gone down this path.
There is already an approved mod for the centre tunnel as follows
http://www.theeuropaclub.org/for-builders/europa-mods-sbs/laa-all-of-type/
and look for mod 10601.
Whilst this does not look the same as your cutouts, it may give you some
hints as to what can be done, how it needs to be restrengthened and the fact
that it passed the LAA Approval process. AFAIK there was only one aircraft
modified in this way (G-IANI) but hopefully it will help you to decide what
to do.

Two other reflections on Graeme's photo.
I notice that you do not have the bulkhead installed behind the nosewheel
frame. This was omitted from some early manuals and it is worth doing.
Secondly, I wonder if this mod was done so as not to have to get in under
the aircraft for maintenance. I have a trigear and used the space previously
allocated to the mono wheel to get to fuel pumps, pipework etc and this does
not weaken the centre tunnel structure.
Come back if you need more info.
Regards
Steve Pitt