Re: Europa-List: Apholstery

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Apholstery
From: davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2016 21:13:22

Glenn, I did my plane with2mm foam in the front half, covered with
Alcantara - all attached with spray on rubber glue. The panel and the
rear half (seat back backwards) were spray painted with durable matt
paint in matching colour. The foam was aimed at a bit of noise reduction
and thermal insulation. It has all worked well and worn very well.
Alcantara is a sort of synthetic, washable suede, which the guy who sold
it to me informed me was fitted to Maserati dashboards! I avoided heavy
upholstery and went for removable (hence adjustable) cushions, which
were somewhat modified matching coloured cushions from an old Citroen
car found in a scrapyard. The same car provided the carpets, which I had
nicely edged by an upholsterer. Picture attached.

Regards, David Joyce, G-XSDJ

On 2016-07-07 10:25, Glenn Perry wrote:

>> Hello Gentlemen,
>
> Wow, what a great resource this forum is!
>
> I bought a Monowheel a year ago. The interior trim and apholstery is somewhat
scruffy at this stage and so I was thinking of redoing it. I would really like
to hear what the forum thinks about the way to go.

> While I would like to do a deluxe finish with sound proofing under the
> apholstery
etc, but realize that takes up space and adds weight. So what would you
recommend
as a good compromise? I would also love to see some pictures to see what
is possible?

> On a different subject, I remember someone mentioning that they rig and de-rig
their Monowheel by themselves. Could you shed some light on what sort of
equipment
you use to do this solo?