Re: Europa-List: Power settings for 75% power in cruise VP prop?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Power settings for 75% power in cruise VP prop?
From: David Watts <dg.watts@talktalk.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2016 20:20:22

Jonathan

Oops, sorry I quoted the 912 figures and not the 912S. I have got both operators
manuals because my daughter has got the 80 hp in her Europa.

Dave Watts

> On 4 Jul 2016, at 19:55, Alan Burrill <alanb@dpy01.co.uk> wrote:
>
> Jonathan.
>
> The ROTaX manual provides a power setting tables hopefully attached.
>
> The 75% power equates to 5000rpm and 26 MP.
>
> Alan
> GOBJT
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> <image1.PNG>
>

>> On 4 Jul 2016, at 19:19, jonathanmilbank <jdmilbank@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>>

>> My question is addressed to those with a Rotax 912S and VP prop combination.
I believe that 75% power equates to 18.5 litres / hour in the cruise. In my
Classic
Europa tri-gear, this gives 115 to 120 KIAS cruise and is generally achieved
around 4700 rpm, which agrees very well with Kevin Dilks' suggested rpm
"sweet spot". Certainly I don't enjoy the louder and less smooth cruise at 5000
rpm.

>> So my question "What cruise power settings do you use and how do you know
>> when
you're at 75% power with a VP prop?"