Europa-List: Power settings for 75% power in cruise VP prop?

Subject: Europa-List: Power settings for 75% power in cruise VP prop?
From: jonathanmilbank <jdmilbank@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2016 11:19:01

My question is addressed to those with a Rotax 912S and VP prop combination. I
believe that 75% power equates to 18.5 litres / hour in the cruise. In my
Classic
Europa tri-gear, this gives 115 to 120 KIAS cruise and is generally achieved
around 4700 rpm, which agrees very well with Kevin Dilks' suggested rpm "sweet
spot". Certainly I don't enjoy the louder and less smooth cruise at 5000 rpm.

So my question "What cruise power settings do you use and how do you know when
you're at 75% power with a VP prop?"

Read this topic online here: