Re: Europa-List: Re: New Smartphone App for pilots

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: New Smartphone App for pilots
From: davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2016 09:33:36

Chris, That sounds pretty accurate to me! If you are always within 50ft
you are doing well regardless of how much you pay for an altimeter. But
if the discrepancy is consistent you can always apply your own
correction factor at the rate of 1mbar/hectopascal per 30ft.

Regards, David Joyce, GXSDJ

On 2016-07-03 22:09, Chris Cameron wrote:

> Hi Ira,
>
> I've downloaded your app and am currently experimenting with it. However, this
morning, I set the QNH according to the current METAR and as I drove past the
airport, avAltimeter reported the altitude as ~50ft below the published altitude
of the airport (published altitude of the airport is 40ft, my reported altitude
was -10ft!).

> Does there need to be an option to calibrate the iPhone?
>
> Cheers
> Chris
> Sent from my iPad

Links: