Europa-List: Re: Exhaust Springs

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Exhaust Springs
From: BobD <rjd@bobdawson.plus.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2016 12:00:21

Just a tip for fitting the springs.
I refitted my silencer last week, after removing it to replace all the hoses. It
was a real struggle to get the spring  back on over the hook, by using long
nose vice grips to pull it up and over the hook. I found it much easier to
compress
the springs by inserting a screwdriver in the bottom of the spring, and
pushing upwards to compress the spring, and then slip the top loop over the
hook,
rather than using the vice grips to pull the spring upwards and over the hook.
Unfortunately, I only discovered this on the last spring !  [Rolling Eyes]

--------
Bob Dawson
XS TG || 912 ULS || G-NHRJ

Read this topic online here: