Re: Europa-List: Parts in the UK

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Parts in the UK
From: Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 15:36:49

On 2016-06-14, at 12:42, William Daniell <wdaniell.longport@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am coming to the UK and want to take advantage to buy a couple fo circuit
> breakers
and D9 connectors.   Any suggestions as to the equivalente of ACS in UK?
> thanks

Will - the nearest thing to Aircraft Spruce in UK is LAS
<http://www.lasaero.com/>.

Parts for Aircraft <http://www.partsforaircraft.co.uk/> have a smaller range
but also offer quick delivery.

For electrical/electronic stuff (apart from the already-mentioned RS) there is

Farnell <http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/home/homepage.jsp>

or their CPC division <http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/home/homepage.jsp>

I have dealt with all of the above firms at different times  and can recommend
them all. Prices, minimum order quantities, delivery charges etc can vary
between
them so some time spent on their websites looking at the things you want to
buy might pay dividends. (Of course theres always the risk of spotting something
else you didnt know you needed . . .)

Hope you get a chance to meet up with some of the Europa community while in UK.
Will you be here long? Whereabouts will you be staying? (You dont _have_ to
answer
this inquisition!)

in friendship

Rowland