RE: Europa-List: coolant overflow bottle questions

Subject: RE: Europa-List: coolant overflow bottle questions
From: Greg Fuchs <gregoryf.flyboy@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2016 12:45:57

 (1) On the relatively few installations of which I've got pictures, most
people seem to fit it at the port side on top of the footwell. My present
plan for the layout of the battery and electrics offers space for it on the
starboard side instead. However, either of these locations makes it somewhat
inaccessible for daily checks. My copy of the Rotax Operators Manual says
(inter alia):

Rowland,
I can comment on (1) above. If you position the cooling bottle on either
footwell, close to the cooling slits on the top sides of the cowling, the
coolant bottle can be seen through the slits from the outside, by just
shining a flashlight through them. It's a very easy check to verify coolant,
and no trap door needed.

Regards,
Greg