Europa-List: Re : TruTrak Gemini ADI ?

Subject: Europa-List: Re : TruTrak Gemini ADI ?
From: John Wigney <johnwigney@windstream.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 11:35:31
Hi Remi,

I have no experience of the Tru Trak Gemini unit and I am also a bit
puzzled by their use of a Velocity Vector Pitch Display for attitude
indication.

If you would like to replace your vacuum gyro display, I suggest that
you consider the Grand Rapids Technology range of Mini products - the
MiniB, Mini-X and Mini-AP.Grand Rapids is a reliable and very high
quality company which has been in the business for many years. For
example, they have over 22,000 of their EIS engine instrumentation units
in flight. The features and synthetic vision which can be packed into
the Mini units are truly remarkable. Jeppesen data bases are available
for Europe.

I would have no hesitation in using this equipment in actual IMC. For
example, 'Highway in the Sky' (HITS) is particularly useful. At a $1,395
base price, the Mini-X unit is excellent value and will drive autopilot
servos with basic heading  and altitude select,  plus GPS tracking. See
http://grtavionics.com/mini.html    If you scroll down, you will find
the list of features.

I happen to use a Dynon D10A which lacks many of the Mini features and
is more expensive. However, when I bought my equipment, the GRT Mini
units were not available.

Cheers, John
N262WF, mono XS, 912S
Mooresville, North Carolina