Re: Europa-List: Re : TruTrak Gemini ADI ?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re : TruTrak Gemini ADI ?
From: Pete <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 17:22:46
For the last four years I've always made it a point to ask the Dynon preside
nt in the booth if he's updated the firmware to eliminate that dependency an
d every year he awkwardly answers not yet :).  The principle software engine
er at GRT is one smart cookie.

I'm amazed that 1-  they managed to actually get it STC'd (I hope it isn't a
 poor initial candidate for that program) and 2- they are so popular.

Cheers,
Pete

> On Apr 19, 2016, at 1:36 PM, John Wigney <johnwigney@windstream.net> wrote
:

> Hi Pete,
>
> Yes, you are quite correct. Although I have been using a D10A for along ti
me, it is an imperfect device in my opinion since for some strange reason th
e algorithm which controls the attitude indication relies on inputs from the
 pitot and static pressures. If for any reason, there is a leak or an incorr
ect input, the attitude indication can be totally and dangerously unreliable
. Been there, done that!

> The GRT equipment attitude display relies entirely on the internal AHRS de
vice and the Mini range is suitable as a primary instrument.

> Cheers, John

cing for example) where as the GRT will not due to some very clever and prop
rietary coding (and it is not dependent upon GPS either). I'm told also that
 one can fly a std rate turn all day and the GRT will not error-out and leve
l. ...