Re: Europa-List: rotax vacuum pump query

Subject: Re: Europa-List: rotax vacuum pump query
From: Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 10:06:38

On 2016-03-20, at 23:42, Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com> wrote:

> How about pulling off the spacer plate and using it as a pattern to make a
> solid
plate of the same size and similar thickness with the same bolt holes.  Then
make a thin gasket to go between.  You can use the cover and gasket over the
spacer to close up the area.  It would look nice and neat and keep crud out
of the works.

On 2016-03-20, at 23:43, Tim Ward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz> wrote:

> I removed my Vacuum Pump for a glass screen Instrument Panel last year.
> What I did and as you say,
> "Add another little piece of aluminium plate thick enough to allow the nuts to
be done up."
> I sealed it with a gasket sealant and it covered the Vacuum Drive slot.

Bob, Tim - thanks for the reassurance - Ill go ahead with plan A.

in friendship

Rowland