Europa-List: Heavy duty starter for Rotax 914

Subject: Europa-List: Heavy duty starter for Rotax 914
From: Roland <schmidtroland@web.de>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 03:43:02

Hi all,

since I'm planning to move (the much lighter) LiFePo battery
http://www.accu-24.de/ALIANT-LiFePO4-Ultralight-Battery-X4-13-2-V-92-Ah  from
the baggage compartment onto the right footwell and having to change the Rotax
sprug clutch this winter (lots of kick backs on starting), I'm also thinking
about installing a heavy duty starter like this one
http://silent-hektik.com/UL_912_Anlasser.htm .

I seem to remember, that it's most advisable to retrofit it on the 912 S with
its
higher compression.

Did anyone of you install such a heavy duty starter on the 912 or 914 or is it
just overkill for this engine?

Regards
Roland
PH-ZTI