RE: Europa-List: Re: Takeoff technique and runway minima (trigear)

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: Takeoff technique and runway minima (trigear)
From: Brian Davies <brian.davies@clara.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2015 09:05:53

Hi Ira,

In the more regulated UK world I suspect Europa did quite a bit of flight
testing to arrive at the take off flap setting of 18 deg. quoted in the
section 5 of their Owners Manual.  Regarding CFD I know that the current
Europa (Swift) had a bit of trouble getting the Europa form into their
computer as some of it  was originally designed and built using Nigel
Graham's CAD system ( Cardboard Aided Design).

Regards

Brian Davies