Europa-List: Fuel Tank Treatments

Subject: Europa-List: Fuel Tank Treatments
From: Jeremy Fisher <jffisher@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2015 11:18:05
I am looking for advice on whether and how to treat my fuel tank.  I
inherited a project, which had been in build for no less than 17 years!
As a result, I am fairly sure that it has one of the early fuel tanks,
which I believe can have problems with ethanol fuel and delaminating or
cracking.  I am thinking of treating it before it is filled for the
first time by brushing on a couple of coats of Jeffco 9700 or similar
through the access hole in the top of the tank; I have experience with
the Jeffco from my Lancair build.  It is really expensive and a pain to
put on, but worth it if it stops future problems.

Has anyone tried this, or any similar treatment?  I would really
appreciate any inputs.

Jerry Fisher