Re: Europa-List: NBR ruber fuel line question

Subject: Re: Europa-List: NBR ruber fuel line question
From: Nigel Graham <nigelgraham@mtecque.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 16:00:54
I'm not sure when DIN 73379 was introduced, but it may have been before
ethanol was incorporated into fuel (and might not therefore guarantee
compatibility), certainly ethanol does react with some synthetic rubbers.
As a subject that is close to my heart, I have collected some
informative documents (credits in documents), two of which I attach FYI.

Nigel

On 27/07/2015 13:18, JohnFrance wrote:

> To the experts out there who have knowledge of fuel lines and material
> quality,
I would like your opinion on the following tubing.
> It is rated at 10 bar, has no internal reinforcing but has a cotton
> over-braiding.
In theory it is more than adequate for the job as I have a pressure regulator
limiting to 2.3 psi but I would like to have your ideas on this product
please?