Europa-List: Re: undercarriage retraction problem

Subject: Europa-List: Re: undercarriage retraction problem
From: jonathanmilbank <jdmilbank@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2015 04:01:49

Hi Rowland. First let me state that I did all this construction stuff 20 years
ago and that my aircraft was converted to tri-gear in November 2012, so it was
operated as a mono for over 850 hours. Anyway, if memory serves me correctly
the LG06 suspension block was hardly compressed at all before installation and
only when the full weight of the aircraft was resting on the wheel, did the
block
become compressed. Thus if you were to reach up into the wheel bay while
lying under your aircraft, you would find that the two bolts passing vertically
through the block would be loose i.e. have a few millimetres sliding end play.

Obviously this would suggest that the suspension block was not in compression
while
the wheel was retracted. It worked happily like this for about 17 years.

Read this topic online here: