Europa-List: NG Tailplanes & Anti-Servo Trim Tabs

Subject: Europa-List: NG Tailplanes & Anti-Servo Trim Tabs
From: alan_hunter1664 <alanhunter1664@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 14:20:09

I seem to be stumbling from one problem to another at the minute. Maybe it's me
inexperience!

Whilst waiting for an answer on my Tailplane Torque tube issue I though I would
complete the quick build Tailplanes. This is achieved by bonding the bottom skin
and the tip using  araldite 420. This was completed with only minor problems
along the way. However, fitting the Anti-servo trim tabs is another matter.
I've not approached Europa with this yet as I wanted to see if anyone else had
overcome the problem. The anti-servo tab now comes pre-built but this is not
reflected in the manual. The issue is that if I align the trailing edge of the
trim tab with that of the tailplane there is insufficient trailing edge at the
root to attach the trim tab to and there would be restricted movement of the
trim tab. there are 'trim lines' on the tailplane training edge and trim tab
upper leading edge however trimming them to these lines would make the
anti-servo
tab extend proud of the tailplane trailing edge, is this normal? I've attached
some photos which I hope highlight the issue. Any ideas?

Read this topic online here:

Attachments:

http://forums.matronics.com//files/img_0429_113.jpg
http://forums.matronics.com//files/img_0426_649.jpg