Europa-List: First Fueling

Subject: Europa-List: First Fueling
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 17:34:58
Gents

Who among you mono-builders can remember how much fuel was needed
when introduced to our beloved rotomolded fuel tanks for the first
timein order for fuel to flow thru the selector valve (located
per build manual) and thence aft to assorted pumps and filters?

I=99ve put in 5 (US) gallons and can get nary a drop out of my
gascolator which is mounted aft of the baggage bay and considerably
lower than the main and reserve fittings on the selector valve.

(Both main and reserve fuel drains function fine, and the aircraft is
sitting on it=99s main LG and tail wheel.)

A corollary question is: how much unusable fuel is carried aboard a mono
with standard tank?

Fred